Returns by Mail
How do I return an item by mail?
Merchandise sold and shipped by Walmart.com may be returned either to a store or by mail. Most items can be returned within 90 days of receipt.
- To return an item by mail, please click here to access your account and follow these instructions:
- Sign in to your account
- Select "See Details", a blue link next to the order number
- Select "Start a Return"
- Select "Return By Mail"
- Select the reason for returning the item(s)
- Select if you want a refund or replacement and then "Continue"
- Review Refund Summary and select "Continue". You may see the option to "Agree to Early Refund Terms". This means that you get your refund earlier but agree to return promptly or are recharged
- Print the pre-paid return label for your item. Without this label, we won’t be able to process the return. Don’t have a printer? You can always return the item to a store
- Package the item along with all original packing materials and accessories and mail the item as directed. You’ll receive a refund or replacement once we receive the item back, if the item is in stock
- If the item is damaged or defective, the replacement item will be sent to the original "ship to" address upon receipt of the original item at our Returns Center, pending product availability.
- Items that cannot be returned by mail are listed in the Returns Policy.
Need to return an item from a Walmart Marketplace Seller?
If your "Order Details" page in My Account shows the seller of your item to be anyone other than "Walmart.com," then you have purchased that item from one of our Marketplace Retailers. Instructions on returning these items can be found here.