Walmart Marketplace Returns
Minimum Returns Standards
In order to provide our customers with access to an assortment of millions of items, Walmart allows third party retailers, also known as Marketplace Retailers or Marketplace Sellers, to sell their products on our website. Although the returns policies for these Marketplace Sellers may be different from Walmart returns policies, we have established certain minimum returns standards to ensure a consistent customer experience. They are as follows:
- Return window: The minimum return window is 30 days, subject to exclusions below
- For the following
- Computer/video game hardware
- Printers (excluding 3D printers)
- Digital cameras
- GPS units
- Digital music players
- Portable video players
- Pre-paid cell phones
- Post-paid cell phones
- Restocking fees: The maximum restocking fee that can be charged for any reason will not exceed 20% of item price
- Returns Shipping fee: The Seller will specify the returns shipping fee upfront on the item page. Exclusions may apply for large items
Marketplace items that are considered Hazardous Materials have special rules for returns. They may not be returned to a Walmart store. If the item that you purchased is a Hazmat item, you should contact the Marketplace Seller directly to discuss the return. Hazmat items may include batteries, flammable liquids, computer equipment, or certain cosmetics or household goods, in addition to other common products. For more information about what may be considered Hazmat, see the DoT guidelines for Hazmat items here: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/hazardous-materials/how-comply-federal-hazardous-materials-regulations
How can I return a Marketplace item?
It is easy and convenient to return items that are within a Seller’s return policies.
You may return your return your Marketplace items in one of the following ways:
- Online: You can log into Your Account from your mobile or desktop and go to your Purchase History. From there, select "Return or Replace". Follow the prompts to select the item you wish to return. For most items the system will ask you to describe the return reason in a message to the Marketplace Seller, and they will contact you to provide returns information. We are introducing the capability to print a label from our website for mailing items back to the Marketplace Sellers. If this is available, simply follow the prompts to complete the process
- Contact Customer Care: You can contact Walmart Customer Care from here for assistance with getting a shipping label
- In-store: You can pack each item to be returned separately and bring it ready to ship to the customer service desk at any Walmart store. We’ll provide the label, but can’t help with packaging or accept items that are not boxed and taped.
In case of exceptions like hazardous materials (for example, items that contain Lithium-ion batteries) and freight (for example, items that are over 150 lbs or meet freight requirements), please contact the Marketplace Seller directly to discuss the return.
When will I get my refund after completing the return?
- Marketplace refund amounts are processed by the seller within 48 hours of them receiving your package
- Tracking information from the carrier is usually updated and visible within 48 hours of them taking your package
If you have dropped off a Marketplace return package at a Walmart store we will ensure your refund is processed within 2 weeks
What should I do if I do not wish to return an item but would like to contact a Marketplace Seller with a question?